|Welcome to the inaugural
PEI Global Alternative Investment Forum
The PEI Global Alternative Investment Forum brought together 85+ Korean institutional investors/ limited partner investors to educate them about the opportunities, as well as risks, that are found in global alternative investment strategies. Case studies, presentations and panel sessions focused on the main illiquid alternative asset classes of private equity, private equity real estate, infrastructure, and real asset investment.
Korean investors are diversifying overseas as a result of the low interest rate environment and volatile domestic equity offering only marginal returns. What do they need to know as they adjust their strategies and venture into unfamiliar overseas markets?
+852 3182 7529
Korea Investment Corporation (KIC), National Pension Service of Korea (NPS), Korea Life, Korea Post, Korea Federation of Community Credit Cooperatives (KFCCC), Korean Teachers' Credit Union (KTCU), Korea Teachers Pension Fund (KTPF), Kyobo Life, Government Employees Pension Service, Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance, Military Mutual Aid Association (MMAA), Public Officials Benefit Association (POBA), Samsung Life, Dongbu Fire, Atinum Partners, Samsung AMC, Hyundae Life Insurance, Hyundae Marine & Fire Insurance, Kumho Investment Bank, LIG Insurance, Mirae Asset Life Insurance, Shinhan Life Insurance and many more.....
Click here to see the full list of attending firms
- Bondurant French, Chief Executive Officer, Adams Street Partners (USA)
- Chris Beale, Managing Partner, Alinda Capital Partners (USA)
- Alain Rauscher Chief Executive Officer, Antin Infrastructure Partners (France)
- Jay Park, Managing Director, BlackRock Private Equity Partners (PEP) (USA)
- James Ahn, Managing Director, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC (Korea)
- Roderik Mulder, Chief Financial & Risk Officer, Composition Capital Partners (Hong Kong)
- Julie Ahn, Managing Director, Investment Department, DTZ (Korea)
- Kee Hyuk-Do, Head of Alternative Investment Team, Fund Management Division, Government Employees Pension Service (Korea)
- Lucy Fletcher, Director, Asia Pacific Capital Markets, Jones Lang Lasalle (Hong Kong)
- Mark Weisdorf, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Infrastructure Investments, J.P. Morgan Asset Management –Global Real Assets (USA)
- Lee Yun Kyu, Chief Investment Officer, Korea Teachers Pension Fund (Korea)
- Laurent Luccioni, Chief Executive Officer – Europe, MGPA (UK)
- Park, Seok-Hwan, Chief Investment Officer, Military Mutual Aid Association (Korea)
- Catherine Wong, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners (UK)
- Jeff Pentland, Managing Director, Northleaf Capital Partners (Canada)
- Michael Chae, Managing Director, Alternative Investments, PineBridge Investments (Japan)
- Dr Chai Young, Senior Managing Director, Real Estate Division, Samsung AMC (Korea)
- Jayne Bok, Director, Investment Services, Korea, Towers Watson (Korea)
- Jason Hyunjae Kim, Senior Professional,Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance (Korea)
- Tim Pryce, Chief Executive Officer, Terra Firma (UK)
- David York, Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director, Top Tier Capital Partners (USA)
- Korean LP appetite - which asset classes are Korean LPs focusing on in 2012/2013? How are they diversifying between US/Europe/Asia?
- Real estate - how should Europe/US strategies differ? Does conservative core focused in Europe offer more than higher risk, mezz/value-added/special situations in the US?
- Global opportunities - how does turmoil in US/European markets translate to opportunities for Korean investors?
- Infrastructure - how can experience in domestic infrastructure help Korean investors?
- Fund structures - should Korean investors expect better terms to reflect their growing clout?
- Real assets - which assets offer the best returns? How do real assets protect against inflation?
- Korean institutional investors / limited partners- public and corporate pension plans, sovereign funds, and insurance companies
- Global alternative investment funds- private equity, private real estate, infrastructure etc.
- Fund of funds
- Institutional consultants
- Placement agents, legal advisors and other service providers
* Institutional investors and limited partners from foundations, endowments and public and private pension funds will receive a complimentary pass to attend this event. Excludes fund of funds. Promo codes cannot be applied to existing registrations. Please do not make any travel arrangements until we have confirmed your eligibility.