“Matters such as third-party risk of institutional limited partners have only emerged in private equity in the last couple of years. The book is definitely timely and insightful in today's environment.”Professor Eli Talmor, Chairman
Coller Institute of Private Equity London Business School
Does your PE risk management need a safety net?
Effective risk management ability in private equity is the backbone of success for any professional in the asset class, no matter what your role, where you are based and what your exposure may be.
Risk has become a hotly debated concept, borne out of the global financial crisis – managing risk is a core competence that should remain high on your professional agenda. It’s all about knowing why and how to be prepared. Precisely understanding how the downside affects your business should make your organisation’s upside all the more rewarding.
The Definitive Guide to Risk Management in Private Equity is a ground-breaking publication which presents a series of top-quality, wide-ranging risk management analyses in one highly useful volume to assist both risk management specialists and generalists in advancing one of private equity’s most challenging and dynamic fields.
Joseph A. Dear of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) has contributed the foreword to this book. You can read it by clicking here.
All types of risk are covered – LP risks, fund of funds risks, LBO & VC fund risks and systemic risks – making this definitive guide required reading for GPs, LPs, their professional services providers and industry bodies & regulators alike.
You can view a sample of contents from the book by clicking here.
This publication will inspire a new generation of thought leadership:
- Katharina Lichtner of Capital Dynamics lead edits this exciting and highly practical publication, imparting her wealth of experience and insight
- Each chapter is written by well-respected experts in their field, providing you with multiple perspectives and immeasurable and highly practical experience in risk management
- Quantitative and qualitative risk management methods are presented, explained and applied to real market conditions
- Understand how investors, fund of funds managers, LBO & VC fund managers, accountants, lawyers and industry bodies approach the many nuances of private equity risk management
- Learn what drives investor-allocation strategies to private equity and how greater awareness could free-up the flow of capital to private equity funds and fund of funds