Harvest the profits from distressed assets
Conditions are arguably perfectly right for distressed debt and turnaround investing. The financial crisis has left many companies weakened and has proven that credit markets can run dry, albeit with more than $1 trillion of leveraged loans and high yield bonds outstanding as of April 2010. But the opportunity for profit from distressed assets can only be maximised through deft execution and knowledge of developments in the capital markets and bankruptcy and reorganisation processes.
This second edition of The Definitive Guide to Distressed Debt and Turnaround Investing
will provide you with the intelligence and highly useful tools necessary to navigate this new terrain in a post-financial-crisis world. EXCLUSIVE EXTRACT
to view the extended table of contents and an exclusive extract.
• Kelly DePonte of Probitas Partners lead-edits this timely and practical publication at an interesting time for distressed debt and turnaround investing
• Each chapter is written by well-respected experts in distressed private equity, hedge fund and real estate, providing you with trenchant insights and experience in their respective fields
• Current and practical advice for navigating the regulatory, valuation and ratings landscape in distressed debt investing
• Lessons from the credit crisis and the outlook for distressed debt investing in the face of the impending wall of debt maturities
• Case studies on some of the biggest and most important distressed debt deals globally, including Chrysler, Shinsei Bank and Stuyvesant Town
• Over 70 pages of detailed contact information of investors in distressed assets globally, putting key players at your fingertips
• Learn what appetites and expectations investors have for distressed assets by type, region and industry, as well as what funds are in the market
To see the full list of contents as well as a brief extract, please click here.
LIST OF AUTHORS
Kelly DePonte, Probitas Partners (lead editor)
Michael J. Cerminaro, Sound Harbor Partners
Duran Curis, Drum Capital Management
Réal Desrochers, former head of alternatives, CalSTRS
David Eaton, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Mark A. Grinis, Ernst & Young
Peter Hoflich, The Asian Banker
Zoe Hughes, PEI Media
Peter Jark, DLA Piper
Gary Klesch, Klesch & Co.
Mark F. Liscio, Kaye Scholer LLP
Michael Madden, BlackEagle Partners
Howard Marks, Oaktree Capital Management
Dominic McCahill, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
Henry Miller and James Doak, Miller Buckfire & Co.
Steven Miller, Standard & Poor’s
Steven Oman, Moody’s Investors Service
Daniel Patracuolla, Duff & Phelps LLC
Stewart Perry and Jonathan Richards, DLA Piper UK LLP
Brian Ramsay, Littlejohn & Co.
Graham Ridler, DLA Piper Hong Kong
David Snow, PEI Media
Rob Ware, KPMG
Christopher Witkowsky, PEI Media
WHO SHOULD BUY
• Fund Managers
• Investment Advisers
• Asset Managers