Sustainable Investment in Real Estate
No. of pages:
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE THIS TITLE IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT
Edited by Paul McNamara, Head of Research, PRUPIM
Managing risk and creating value
Commercial real estate in all mature markets faces some of the most serious challenges and risks in decades: from governments, regulators, investor activism, tenant demand and choice, natural risk considerations, energy economics, climate change campaigns and stakeholder action.
Left unaddressed and unmanaged, late adopters will face the potential of undermined and outdated investment strategies and eroded financial returns.
Sustainable Investment in Real Estate is a unique collection of insightful guidance for all real estate practitioners, in listed and unlisted real estate, challenged with making investment sustainable.
This publication addresses in detail how contemporary risk management, asset management, fund management, regulation, investment, valuation and finance professionals are rising to the challenges of real estate’s new paradigm.
Downside minimised, upside maximised
Effective measures and practical strategies covered by sustainable investment in commercial property go a long way to addressing these risks. If these risks are managed appropriately the damaging downside that sustainable investment tackles can be minimised and the upside benefits maximised. As such, sustainable investment is becoming embedded in all stages of the property lifecycle.
The key benefits of this publication:
- Identify and manage specific and systemic risks that are increasingly impacting real
estate from multiple sources in every developed real estate market
- Learn from practitioners at the vanguard of contemporary risk management, asset
management, fund management, regulation, investment, valuation and finance
- Assess how to minimise the downside and maximise the upside to create value in
real estate investments
Topics covered in this publication include:
- Responsible property investment vs. fiduciary obligations
- Fundraising: low-carbon fund strategies and green alpha
- Fund management across the property lifecycle
- Risk management: Value creation opportunities
- An international review of green leases and terms
- The increasing influence of regulators on real estate
- Sustainable property financial analyses and modelling
- And many more...
Featuring expert contributions from:
- Paul McNamara, PRUPIM
- Bill Hughes, Legal & General Property
- Tim Mockett and Esme Lowe, Climate Change Property Fund
- Jean-Francois Le Teno, AXA Real Estate
- Gary Holtzer, Hines
- Dave Farebrother, Land Securities
- Namrita Kapur, Environmental Defense Fund
- Philip Parnell, Driver Jonas Deloitte
- Bonny Hedderley and Steven Cox, K&L Gates
- Paul Edwards, Hammerson
- Owen Thorne, Merseyside Pension Fund
- Nils Kok, Maastricht University / University of California, Berkeley
- Louise Ellison, Quintain
- Tatiana Bosteels, Hermes Real Estate
Who should buy this publication?
||- Managing Agents|
|- Placement Agents
||- Property Developers|
|- Fund Managers
|- Property Investment Managers
||- Bankers and Financiers|
|- Asset Managers
||- Valuation Experts and Appraisers|
|- Risk Managers