Joined SCB January, 2005 to establish the Renewable Energy team. Responsible for the team’s provision of corporate and structured finance advisory services, and financing, to the renewable energy sector globally since conception.
The team has been involved in the financing of 2000MW (representing USD3.5bn of total investment) across the wind, run-of-river hydro and solar. Since 2006, the team has diversified into bio-fuels and carbon, with the team financing two ethanol plants, and investing in, and advising a carbon fund created for CDM.
He has created a team with a unique experience across Europe, the Americas, Africa, Middle East, South Asia and the Far East, covering a broad area of technology and product.
Prior to joining SCB, he established a renewable energy team at ANZ Investment Bank. During this period he created a team that achieved a 40% market share of the wind power project finance market in 2004, the then fastest growing sub-set of the renewable energy market.
Until 2002, Shane worked in the Global Energy Finance Group at MeesPierson (later Fortis Bank SA/NV) where he gained experience in the financing of power, mining and oil and gas projects. He was also instrumental in developing the banks renewable energy expertise.
Prior to becoming a banker, in 1998 Shane completed an MBA from the Rotterdam School of Management. This followed five years with Schlumberger Oilfield Services as a field engineer operating in the field throughout the Middle East, the Gulf of Mexico and North Sea. He has a degree in mining.
Standard Chartered Bank
SCB is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and Hong Kong Stock Exchange with a current market capitalisation of about US$50 billion (April 8, 2008)
- SCB operates 1,400 branches and employs approximately 73,000 people across 58 countries
- Regulated by the FSA
- SCB’s long-term credit rating is A+ at Standard & Poor’s; A3 at Moody’s; and A+ at Fitch
As at 31 December 2007, SCB reported:
- Total assets of US$329 billion;
- Operating income of over US$11billion;
- Profit before tax of over US$4 billion; and,
- Normalised ROE 15.6%.
Our Global Presence
- Long term credit rating A2/P-1 (Moody’s), A+/A-1 (S&P) and A+ (Fitch)
- 73,000 employees in 1400 locations serving 70 countries
- Strong franchise in high growth markets e.g. China, India, Korea and the Middle East
- Largest international bank in the Middle East and South Asia
- Top 3 foreign bank in each major market