BOOK ONLINE NOW
|Infrastructure Investor is pleased to announce the launch of its first region focused infrastructure conference, Infrastructure Investor: Southeast
Infrastructure Investor: Southeast will focus on the critical success factors, relationships, policies, procedures, opportunities and constraints specific to this region: Florida, Georgia and Puerto Rico
This highly relevant and topical format will convene the key stakeholders to facilitate and expedite the formation of public-private partnerships in the region. Infrastructure fund managers, government decision makers, operators and other stakeholders will discuss the opportunities and challenges specific to Florida, Georgia and Puerto Rico by:
• Analyzing projects that were a success
• Sharing lessons learned from those that were less successful
• Facilitating the introduction and developing the necessary relationships to foster public private partnerships
• Encouraging candid discussions on the opportunity pipeline and what it will take to move these projects forward
Confirmed speakers include:
Director of Program Finance
Alice N. Bravo
Director of Transportation Development
Florida Department of Transportation
David Alvarez Castañeda
Puerto Rico Public Private Partnership Authority
Vance C. Smith, Jr.
Georgia Department of Transportation
Why the Southeast?
Florida, Georgia and Puerto Rico are not only hotbeds of infrastructure opportunities; they are also trailblazers to defining the keys to forging successful public private partnerships.
• Florida already has a solid PPP program in place and has two notable PPP projects under its belt that were both the first-of-their kind (I595 and Port of Miami Tunnel).
• Highlights among the state’s emerging pipeline of projects include high speed rail, which recently was allocated $1.25B in federal funds allocated to construct the Orlando-to-Tampa portion of the route.
• Florida has a project pipeline with plenty of opportunities to discuss and a friendly political climate towards PPP's
• Georgia is implementing a new and innovative PPP program that will bring much needed transportation projects to the state.
• The solicitation of Georgia’s first PPP project began in February 2010
• Puerto Rico is the rising star of US infrastructure and is expected to be the hottest region for infrastructure investment in the US for 2010 over the next few years.
• It has one of the best legal structures in the US to encourage the development of public-private partnerships.
Who will attend:
Infrastructure Fund Managers
Asset Managers / Operators
Traditional Private Equity Firms
Lawyers & Other Professional Services
From our other infrastructure forums...
Former Governor Jeb Bush
Infrastructure Investor launch breakfast
Governor Ed Rendell
Infrastructure Investor: New York 2009 conference
Places are limited, so we recommend booking your place early to avoid disappointment
Certain LP categories, including institutional investors and limited partners from foundations, endowments and public and private pension funds, will receive a complimentary pass to attend this event. (Excludes fund of funds and family offices.) Please do not make any travel arrangements until we have confirmed your eligibility. To be prequalified as an LP, email Rachelle Young at email@example.com.
Recent stories covered in Infrastructure Investor:
Three teams vie for Georgia's first PPP
Meridiam, ACS and VINCI were among the familiar names who submitted responses to the Georgia Department of Transportation’s request for qualifications for the ‘West by Northwest’ road project in metropolitan Atlanta. One portion of the project could cost as much as $1bn to build. Read more
Puerto Rico selectes toll road, airport advisorsGeorgia looks to Texas for inspiration in PPPs
The job of advising Puerto Rico on its toll road projects went to Macquarie Capital, while the advisory role for Puerto Rico’s Luis Munoz Marin International Airport went to Credit Suisse, according to David Alvarez, the Authority’s executive director Read more
Puerto Rico unveils $6.2bn blueprint for PPPs
At an industry forum, Puerto Rico Governor Luis Fortuño told attendees he was an ‘unwavering’ believer in PPPs, and presented attendees with 16 top-priority projects he hopes to implement soon. A search for financial, legal and other advisors is under way. Read more
Earl Mahfuz, the state’s new PPP director, said in an interview that Georgia’s first project, the $2.3bn ‘West by Northwest’ toll road development is being modeled after the North Tarrant Express in Texas. Both projects will share the use of pre-development agreements, managed lanes and financing techniques..Read more
Georgia solicits first PPP
The Georgia Department of Transportation has issued a request for qualifications for ‘West by Northwest’, a highway project aimed at easing congestion in the Metro Atlanta area. It is the first project being procured under a PPP bill signed into law last year..Read more
For information about the program, please contact Rachelle Young at +1 212 633 1453 or Rachelle.Y@peimedia.com or to discuss sponsorship packages, contact Jeff Gendel at +1 212 633 1452 Jeff.G@peimedia.com