Welcome to the
Investigative Due Diligence Masterclass
In line with the theme of ‘building to last’ at this year’s PEI India Forum, the Masterclass will address how due diligence is a critical component of the value-add strategy most GPs say they adopt. In a market where competition for good deals is rife, investors may be tempted to skim through the process of probing into established corporate brands or well known entrepreneurs. Past scandals in India – and elsewhere - would suggest that this may not be a wise investment approach.
A number of surveys suggest that India Inc. is under greater scrutiny because of scams making headlines in the past year. A global fraud survey conducted by Kroll shows that 89 percent of respondents in India have been hit by at least one type of fraud in the last 12 months. This year’s Masterclass is designed to help investment professionals understand the benefits of investigative due diligence in a rapidly evolving – and competitive - market facing new regulations.
||PRE-INVESTMENT: CHANGING YOUR APPROACH TO STAY IN THE GAME
- Why is investigative due diligence a critical element to deal success and how is it different to financial and legal due diligence?
- How do you use intelligence from due diligence to your advantage –to support price negotiations, restructuring, adding operational value and minimising uncertainty?
- What should investors be particularly mindful of when investing in India’s riskier sectors?
- What should investors be paying attention to when conducting their due diligence?
- Common pitfalls for investors to avoid in India
BUYER BEWARE: REGULATORS ARE CLAMPING DOWN
- How do local and international anti-bribery measures impact your investment?
- What is appropriate due diligence?
POST-INVESTMENT: PROTECT YOUR REPUTATION
- What do you do when the numbers don’t add up or you suspect wrong doing?
- Determining if a whistle blower allegation is the truth or malicious
- Handling a whistle blower allegation delicately
- How to investigative and eliminate fraud or corrupt activity before it becomes front page news
A panel of experts led by Kroll will address this Masterclass designed for investment and operational professionals as well as LPs who are keen to make co- and direct investments in India.
The class will be held from 1400 through 1700 hours on 5th October. Conference delegates are entitled to a special discounted rate of US$295.
There is a cap on the number of attendees the Masterclass can accommodate so register early by emailing us or call +65 6838 4563.
To secure your place
or call +65 6838 4563
For more information on the programme or sponsorship opportunities
Please contact Sharon Lim:
* Institutional investors and limited partners from foundations, endowments and public and private pension funds will receive a complimentary pass to attend this event. Excludes fund of funds. Promo codes cannot be applied to existing registrations. Please do not make any travel arrangements until we have confirmed your eligibility.