Strategies to maximise returns and mitigate risks in portfolio company investing
The pressure is on when you’re performing pre-acquisition due diligence on a new company: fail to cover all of the detailed DD bases and you might end up paying well over the odds for the company and missing that vitally important deal-breaker.
Plus you have to deal with:
Private Equity International's brand new publication Private Equity Company Due Diligence is lead-edited by Shahriyar Rahmati of The Gores Group and is written by more than 30 other world-class private equity due diligence experts.
- Competition from other eager bidders
- Overcoming the lack of detailed financial data
- Gauging rapidly changing operating environments
- Juggling numerous tax and human resource issues
- Managing intense time pressures
Each specialist chapter will help guide you on how to perform watertight due diligence on your target companies across all industries, for all company sizes and in all jurisdictions.
Equally important is what you do with the business once you acquire it. By reading this publication, you’ll gain valuable insight into how your peers manage their portfolio companies after the deal closes, and plan for a successful exit by anticipating market needs and customising a response to meet them. Key benefits of this title:
- Pre-acquisition due diligence: Inform yourself about how you should approach a potential acquisition, and how to conduct due diligence to forge a strategy in each of the key work streams including business/commercial, operational, financial, tax, human resource, environmental and working capital.
- Post-acquisition implications: The deal has closed but the work isn’t done – learn how to get the deal off to the right start, develop post-acquisition plans, implement a buy-and-build strategy, leverage key performance metrics and plan your eventual exit.
- Access practical tips and case studies of successful investments including Gorkana Group, Plantasjen, Tognum, Unitymedia and XXL..
Lead edited by Shahriyar Rahmati, The Gores Group, with chapters written by:
- A.T. Kearney
- Alvarez & Marsal
- Apax Partners
- Deloitte & Touche UK
- EQT Partners
- Ernst & Young LLP
- General Atlantic
- KPMG LLP
- McKinsey & Company
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
This publication is designed for:
- Deal partners, senior advisers, operating partners and portfolio executives tasked with conducting due diligence
- Limited partners with direct investment teams
- Investors who participate in co-investments
- Consultants and service providers advising private equity firms on potential acquisitions